1. Planning for a much needed summer break (one of the perks of being a teacher). This includes enrolling Nico in a week-long summer camp, finalizing vacation details and thinking about all the things I will accomplish...hopefully. 2. Watching DH diligently trying to complete renovations to our family room, beautifing the yard for summer and organizing the garage. 3. Trying to keep up with Darci Dowdle's BPS class, Baker's Dozen. I love the fact that by the end I'll have 13 completed layouts or at least 13 preplanned LO's that I can complete at a crop or leisurely over the summer. 4. REPORT CARDS!!!
I walked in to my local Michael's to shop some weekly sales and scored a MM file tab punch for just $12.99, regular $27.99! I love a bargain! I'll return later in the week to save 65% on wall frames! Yippee!!
I know, I know. It's been ages. Life is busy. As much as I think it will, it just does not slow down!! Here is what has been going on: 1. I am back at work teaching full time. 2. The boys are with grandma 5 days a week but this has taken a toll and will possibly be going to four, just trying to figure out what to do with them. 3. We are tackling some small renovation projects - new windows, new built-ins in the family room (finally, a space to display my scrapbooks), gathering quotes for new shingles, waiting for DH to begin renovating our main bath, a project we planned over a year ago! 4. Dealing with an almost 5-year-old who wants to be the boss and seems to have no regard for respecting his elders! I have never seen tantrums like this and there are days when I dread coming home from work. 5. Just found out we are expecting our first nephew! (We have three nieces presently). He will arrive in mid-September. 6. Still running two home-based businesses. 7. Trying to figure out how to keep up with house cleaning, groceries and laundry. 8. Planning a mini-van purchase - my heart is set on the Toyota Sienna in Charcoal grey, hubby does not agree with color choice. Well, there it is. My life in a nutshell.
Well I'm headed back to work full-time next week and so I thought I better get the house in order. I've spent the better part of the day organizing my kitchen and basement pantries, doing laundry, washing floors, putting away toys and organizing business supplies. Thank goodness Nico is with Grandma and Luciano has been asleep for the last 3 hours. Maybe it's because he tossed and turned fron 3 until 7 this morning. Not sure if he's teething or had an upset tummy - probably both! Back to the grind...
A few posts ago I announced that my word for the year is BALANCE. This past week I was dealt a painful reminder of my chosen word. After surprisingly finding ourselves pregnant just days before our little one's first birthday, I suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks gestation. It was a painful few days, both physically and emotionally. Please everyone remember that life is short, your children are only young once and whatever doesn't get done today can wait. God Bless.
Wow! Life is busy! Five things since my last post: 1. We just celebrated my baby's first birthday! The house is still a mess.
2. I finally organized my office but that only lasted two days.
3. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new entertainment center for our family room complete with toy storage(courtesy of my father's unbelievable woodworking talent despite paralysis of his left arm at the age of 16).
4. Heading back to my "real" job.
5. Expecting baby number 3! Ooops! Didn't see that one coming! Still in shock even after 2 home pregnancy tests and my first official doctor's visit. Pray for me everyone!
An old trick my mother taught me many years ago: When you're buying a $6.49 block of cheddar cheese from Safeway, look for the one that weighs the most. I unabashedly check every one and dig to the bottom of the pile. My husband loves this one!
First off, these tips will be referred to as my BFTW from now on.
So my BFTW today is this: Be aware that when grocery store deals say 2 for $5, for example, you do not need to buy 2 to get the deal. You are entitled to buy one for $2.50. My rule of thumb is if it's a staple in my house, I get both, otherwise I buy one and then wait for another sale before I buy it again. Cuts down the bill and the amount of stuff you need to store at home.
It seems the underlying theme this month on the blogs I follow is budget so I plan to post a budget-friendly tip or two each week. This week's tip came to mind as I was making dinner last night. I regularly purchase pork tenderloin from Costco in packages of 5 or 6 for around $20 which means I have 5 or 6 dinners for around $5 a piece plus veggies. I used one in a stir-fry and realized that was an awful lot of meat for 3 of us. So my tip is - next time I purchase the pack I'll cut two in half before freezing them and use these in my stirfries instead (BONUS TIME-SAVING TIP: slice the loins in half lengthwise then slice the halves into strips before freezing to save on prep time later).
1. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but I am making a necessary exception. I need more sleep. No more crawling in to bed at 1 am especially with a 10-month old who usually doesn't sleep thru the night. I am aiming for 11pm with a little time for reading in bed - one of my favorite things to do. Any suggestions for a good book?
2. The new year also brings a new venture for me as I may have mentioned earlier. I am officially a Lia Sophia advisor. Have a look at our beautiful jewellery and accessories at www.liasophia.ca. This month we are featuring the "Reverse Customer Save Plan". What does that mean you ask? Well, choose any three items, pay full price for the cheapest item and receive the other two at 50% off! Plus, you get to take advantage of that offer as many times as you like. Think in terms of sets ladies! Earrings, necklace and bracelet oh my!
3. Want to host a show? How does 40% in host credit, 2 half price items and 4 host bonus items (Purchase any piece for $16.50 unless otherwise stated) sound to you?
4. It's official. When I return to my teaching position on March 1st I will be job sharing, something I've wanted to do for some time.
I am a happily married mom of two boys aged 5 and 16 months. I hold two degrees - a BGS and a B.Ed. I run two home businesses, one as a Creative Memories consultant and another as a lia sophia Advisor. I am also a founding member of the Calgary Crops Scrapbooking Club.