Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hurray for Meal Planning

Just wanted to share my meal plan for the week:

Monday - Asian Chicken Wraps (Today's Parent Magazine)
Tuesday - Slow Cooker BBQ Beef on a Bun (put a frozen roast in the crock with 2 cups of BBQ sauce, set on low for 6-8 hours) with Nacho Potato Boats (Today's Parent Magazine)
Wednesday - Pork Chops with Apples (Today's Parent Magazine)
Thursday - Creamy Pasta and Sausage (Today's Parent Magazine)
Friday - Whatever's in the fridge, it's my day off :)

Did I mention I love the Food section of TP Magazine?

I went through all my old issues recently and tore out any recipes that looked appealing. I then went through an old file folder full of recipes I'd collected over the years and sorted them into the following piles: Meal Plans, Recipes to Try, Preplanners, Baking, Dips/Appies/Marinades, Soups and Other. I am going to put them in a binder filled with those plastic sleeves. No more staring into the freezer and/or pantry at 5pm wondering what's for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! Congrats on starting your blog! I meant to comment last week!

    Since you are posting menu plans, go to www.orgjunkie.com and read about how you can link to your blog thorugh her Menu Plan Monday.

    Yummy recipes by the way!
    Talk soon,
    Nor.

    ReplyDelete